Our Service

What is a registered loss adjuster?

Specialist knowledge required for adjusting businessA registered loss adjuster for general insurance is a loss adjuster registered with the General Insurance Association of Japan (GIAJ) after passing examinations set out by GIAJ on specialist and common knowledge required for performing adjusting business, in areas such as insurance, architecture, electricity, machinery, and accounting/bookkeeping.
There are three registration classes, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class, corresponding with level of skill. There is also a specialized loss adjuster scheme (A or B) based on acquisition of certain public qualifications such as Architect, Qualified Building Cost Engineer, Civil Engineering Works Execution Managing Engineer, and Boiler Engineer.


Return to top